Wednesday, December 5, 2012

'Tis the Season

Today is a very wet and gloomy day, but it is a joyful day! The semester is almost over! I have many tests, but I am thankful I am not feeling overwhelmed about them. Just a few more days and the freedom of no school and no work will be quite wonderful. I have a few sessions scheduled within the next few weeks, but I am looking forward to some Owen time and some time with my parent's new puppy Miss Lady! I will hopefully be taking some pictures of her Saturday! 

Okay, to our new cover photo. I have been dying to take this picture. I was never happy with our fall picture and had so many ideas for our Christmas/winter photo. Yesterday we ran (actually we drove =) ) to Wal-Mart and bought a box of lights. Has anyone else noticed that all they are selling is LED lights? We wanted the real deal to produce the best warm bokeh! They had one box of regular Christmas lights. They were a box of 150 which I thought was way to much and way to expensive for a picture.. But we bought them! Now, after stringing the lights and taking the picture, I wish we had bought two boxes! This picture below is of 150 lights, but you can't even tell. So from now on, if you are wanting some fun Christmas light pictures, make sure you have plenty of lights to use! 

Anyways, I am in love with this picture. It makes me smile each time I look at our little family. And I love the warm bokeh in the background along with the editing style I chose. 

Only 20 days till Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment